Current Affairs July:2014 with free(pdf) Download for All general competition exams and SSB Interview
Guys you were continuously asking to upload a ebook for current affairs July:2014 i have created Current affairs pdf pdf July:2014this pdf for your SSB interview preparation as well as All general competition exams of Banks IBPS,SSC, Railways, DMRC and Delhi Police etc you can download a copy from the link given below.This book covers all international, national sports, appointment and other news that is relevant for exam point of view. So read this pdf througly.
INTERNATIONALPakistan’s Approves Protection of Pakistan Bill 2014
Pakistan’s National Assembly on 2 July passed the Protection of Pakistan Bill (PPB) 2014. Following the National Assembly’s approval, the PPB will now be applicable for a period of two years.Japan Eased Sanctions Against North Korea
The Japanese government has decided to eased several sanctions against North Korea on 3 July.The decision was taken in response to North Korea reopening the investigation to probe decades-old kidnappings of Japanese nationals.U.S and E.U Announced Tougher Sanctions Against Russia
The United States and the European Union (EU) have significantly strengthened sanctions on Russia over Ukraine, with Washington for the first time directly targeting Russia’s banking, military, and energy sectors.U.S. President Barack Obama announced the new sanctions on 16 July.Bolivia Becomes First Nation To Legalise Child Labour
Bolivia has become the first country to legalise child labour after a law was signed by Vice- President Alvaro Garcia Linera on 17 July 2014.The bill was approved by Bolivian Congress in June 2014.
INDIA & WORLDIndia and Canada Signed Audiovisual Co-production Treaty
India and Canada have signed an India-Canada Audiovisual Co-production Treaty that aims to create jobs in both countries and boost tourism.This audiovisual treaty is the first of its kind for India and was signed in Delhi.The treaty came into force on 1 July 2014.India Becomes World’s Largest Consumer of Antibiotics
According to the “Global Trends in Antibiotic Consumption, 2000-2010,study report released on 14 July, India has emerged as the world’s largest consumer of antibiotics with a 62% increase in popping habits over the last decade.India Slips 10 Positions On Global Innovation Index – 2014
India slipped 10 notches on the Global Innovation Index (GII) 2014. India fell from the 66th position to the 76th on the index. Switzerland topped the GII rankings like 2013 while the UK took the second position. The annual rankings are jointly published by Cornell University, INSEAD, and the World Intellectual Property Organisation on 18 July 2014.India Ranked 135 In Human Development Index – 2014
The United Nations Development Programme’s (UNDP) 2014 Human Development Report was released on 24 July in Tokyo. A UN study ranked India at 135 out of 187 countries in terms of Human Development Index (HDI). India’s HDI value for 2013 is 0.586 . Between 1980 to 2013, India’s HDI value increased from 0.369 to 0.586 .
NATIONALCCEA Approved Inclusion Of Onion and Potato Under Essential Commodities Act, 1955
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) on 2 July 2014 approved the inclusion of onion and potato under the purview of stock holding limits under the Essential Commodities Act 1955. The inclusion will remain in force for a year.Number of Child Labourers In India Has Declined
The Union government on 7 July announced the number of working children in the age group of 5-14 has declined in the country. The total number of working children in the country has declined from 1.26 crore as per Census 2001 to 43.53 lakh as per Census 2011.President Gave Assent To National Institute of Design Bill- 2014
The National Institute of Design Bill, which will permit the institute to award degrees to students, has now become an Act with President Pranab Mukherjee giving his assent. The President gave his assent to the National Institute of Design Bill, 2014, on 17 July 2014. The bill was passed by the Rajya Sabha on 7 July 2014, it was vetted by the Lok Sabha on 9 July 2014. The Ahmedabad-based institute, which has a branch in Gandhinagar and also a satellite centre in Bangalore, will now be an ‘ institute of national importance’.Employment Rises 34% To 12.7 crore In 8 years To 2013
According to the Sixth Economic Census report released on 30 July, the number of employed persons in the country grew by 34.35 percent to 12.77 crore in eight years to 2013.
STATESPM Narendra Modi Inaugurates 240 MW Uri-II Hydropower Project In J&K
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 4 July inaugurated the 240 megawatt Uri-II hydropower project in the mountains of Jammu and Kashmir. The Uri-II project is the second power project on the Jhelum River in Uri area and is close to the Line of Control (LoC) in Baramullah district of the state.Assam Decided To Implement National Food Security Act
Assam Government has decided to implement National Food Security Act from 1 September 2014. The decision to implement the Act in the state was taken on 14 July at a meeting of senior officials of Food and Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Department convened by Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi in Guwahati. During the meeting, the state government also decided to bring onions and potatoes in the list of essential commodities to curb hoarding.CMSA Scheme Launched In Meghalaya For Widows and Pensioners
Meghalaya Chief Minister Mukul Sangma on 23 July launched a mass enrolment drive under the Chief Minister’s Social Assistance (CMSA) Scheme for widows and persons with disabilities at Patharkhmah in Ri Bhoi District in Meghalaya. Each beneficiary shall be given a financial assistance of 500 rupees per month under the scheme.Tamil Nadu Govt To Issue Industrial Licences Online
Tamil Nadu chief minister J Jayalalithaa on 23 July announced that the process of issuing licenses to the new industries will be done online henceforth. The step was taken in order to simplify the process involved for registration of new industries in the state.
CONFERENCESSixth BRICS Summit – 2014 Held In Brazil
The 6th BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) summit was held in Fortaleza, Brazil on 15 – 16 July 2014. The theme of the summit was “Inclusive growth: sustainable solutions “. At the end of the summit, the participating countries jointly issued the Fortaleza Declaration. The $100 billion development bank launched during the summit in Fortaleza is aimed at funding infrastructure projects in developing nations. The bank will be called the New Development Bank (NDB), a name suggested by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
AWARDS & HONOURSShah Rukh Khan Received ‘Knight Of The Legion Of Honor’
Bollywood Actor Shah Rukh Khan was conferred with top French civilian award “Knight of the Legion of Honor” (National Order of the Legion of Honour) on 1 July for his outstanding contribution to cultural diversity across the world.Indian Mathematician Named Joint Winner Of ‘ 2014 George Polya Prize ‘
Nikhil Srivastava, a young Indian mathematician, on 10 July became the first joint winner of the prestigious ‘ 2014 George Polya Prize ‘ for finding a solution to a problem that had eluded mathematicians for more than half a century.Environmentalist Chandi Prasad Bhatt Received Gandhi Peace Prize – 2013
Eminent Gandhian and environmentalist Chandi Prasad Bhatt on 15 July was awarded with the prestigious Gandhi Peace prize for 2013. He was awarded by the President of India Pranab Mukherjee at a function in Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi.2014 Ramon Magsaysay Awards Announced
The prestigious Ramon Magsaysay Awards for year 2014 were announced on 31 July and it included six winners. Education is a big theme in this year’s awards, with two individuals who have dedicated their lives to educating indigenous communities – a Filipino and an Indonesian – and a Pakistani organization that builds schools for girls, among the 6 awardees. The 2014 Awardees are:-
i) Saur Marlina Manurung (Indonesia)
ii) Randy Halasan (The Philippines)
iii) Hu Shuli (China) iv) Omara Khan Masoudi (Afghanistan)
v) Wang Canfa (China)
vi) The Citizen Foundation (Pakistan)
SPORTS & GAMESRussian Federation Friendship Order Awards To Anand and Gelfand
Chess greats Viswanathan Anand (India) and Boris Gelfand (Israel) have been selected for the Russian Federation’s ‘Order of Friendship’ award, according to a FIDE release on 4 July.Lewis Hamilton Won British Grand Prix 2014
Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton of British has won the British Grand Prix 2014 title on 6 July.This was Hamilton’s 27th career victory, his fifth of the season.Germany Won 2014 FIFA Football World Cup
Germany created history by winning the FIFA World Cup 2014 on 13 July 2014 at the Maracana Stadium in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Germany defeated Argentina by 1-0. With this win, Germany lifted the trophy for the fourth time in the history of FIFA world Cup and first since 1990. The following awards were given at the conclusion of the tournament :-
* Golden Ball – Lionel Messi of Argentina
* Golden Boot – James Rodriguez of Colombia
* Golden Glove – Manuel Neuer of Germany
* Best Young Player – Paul Pogba of France
* FIFA Fair Play Trophy – ColombiaDaniel Ricciardo Won 2014 Hungarian F1 Grand Prix – 2014
Red Bull’s Daniel Ricciardo of Australia won the Hungarian Formula One (F1) Grand Prix on 27 July. Fernando Alonso (Spain) claimed the second spot for his Ferrari team while Mercedes’ Lewis Hamilton (Great Britain) won the third place.
ECONOMYBill Gates Is Wealthiest Living US Entrepreneur
According to the Wealth-x, Microsoft founder Bill Gates is the wealthiest living US entrepreneur, with an estimated net worth of US$ 80.2 billion.The list of 10 billionaires was released on 2 July dominated by technopreneurs as six of them made their fortunes from technology or technology-related businesses.Eight Indian Companies In Fortune 500 List
Eight Indian companies, led by state-run IOC, have made it to the latest Fortune Global 500 list of world’s biggest firms which has been topped by US-based retailer Wal-Mart after a gap of two years.Union Railway Budget 2014-15
Union Railway Minister D.V. Sadananda Gowda on 8 July 2014 presented his first Railway Budget in Parliament.This is the first rail budget presented by any Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) minister and it is also Sadanand Gowda’s first rail budget.
Highlights From Railway Budget 2014-15 :-
* No new increase in passenger fares and freight charges.
* Next generation e-Ticketing system, capable of supporting 7200 tickets per minute as against 2000 tickets per minute and allow 1,20,000 simultaneous users at any point in time, will help in the revamp of railway reservation System.
* Railway Ministry will develop 10 major stations in the country to global standards.It will provide Wi-Fi in A-1 and A category stations and in select trains.
* Office-on-wheels: Internet and workstation facilities on select trains
* Paperless office of Indian railways in 5 years. Digital reservation charts at stations
* Women RPF Constables to escort ladies coaches; 4,000 women constables to be inducted
* 17000 Railway Protection Force (RPF) constables to provide safety to passengers
* Setting up of Railway University for technical and non-technical subjects, tie-up with technical institutions
* Indian Railways need around Rs 40,000 crore improving rail safety. Rs 1785 crore will be provided for road under bridges and over bridges.Ultra sonic devices to detect rail fractures and automatic closing of doors both in mainline & suburban coaches are being considered.
* Cleanliness budget up by 40 pc over last year
* Private investment in Rail Infrastructure through Domestic and Foreign Direct Investment (FDI)
* FDI in railway projects, except in operations
* FDI, domestic investments in rail infrastructure
* Per capita contribution to Staff Benefit Fund increased from Rs.500 to Rs.800.
* Loss per passenger per kilometre up from 10% in 2000-01 to 23% in 2012-13
High Speed Rail Network and Bullet Trains:-
* Bullet trains will be introduced in the Mumbai-Ahmedabad sector.
* Diamond Quadrilateral network of high speed rail linking major metros and growth centres is being worked out.
* Increasing train speeds between several cities to 160-200 km/hour. Railways will spend Rs 100 crore for high speed trains between metros.The government needs Rs 9 lakh crore for funding Diamond Quadrilateral.
New Trains In Rail Budget:- 5 Jansadharan Trains, 5 Premium Trains, 6 AC express trains, 27 express trains, 8 passenger trains, 2 MEMU services and 5 DEMU will be introduced this year. Special trains to meet the holiday and festival rush would continue to operate.Economic Survey of India 2013-14
Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitely on 9 July presented Economic Survey of India 2013-14 in the Lok Sabha.
Following are the highlights of the Economic Survey Report 2013-14 :-
* Economy to grow in the range of 5.4 – 5.9 per cent in 2014-15 overcoming sub-5 percent growth.
* Aided by favourable monsoons, agricultural and allied sector registered a growth of 4.7 per cent in 2013-14.
* The India’s balance-of-payments position improved dramatically in 2013-14 with current account deficit at US $ 32.4 billion as against US$ 88.2 billion in 2012-13.
* India’s foreign exchange reserves increased from US$ 292.0 billion at end March 2013 to US$ 304.2 billion at end march 2014.
* World trade volume which decelerated to 2.8 per cent in 2012 has shown signs of recovery in 2013, albeit slow with a 3.0 per cent growth.
* The sharp fall in imports and moderate export growth in 2013-14 resulted in a sharp fall in India`s trade deficit by 27.8 per cent.
* Record food grains and oilseeds production of 264.4 million tonnes (mt) and 32.4 mt is estimated in 2013-14.
* The latest gross domestic product (GDP) estimates show that industry grew by just 1.0 per cent in 2012-13 and slowed further in 2013-14, posting a modest increase of 0.4 per cent.
* India ranked 12th in terms of services GDP in 2012 among the world’s top 15 countries in terms of GDP (at current prices).
* In 2013-14, FDI inflows to the services sector (top five sectors including construction) declined sharply by 37.6 per cent to US$ 6.4 billion compared to an overall growth in FDI inflows at 6.1 per cent resulting in the share of the top five services in total FDI falling to nearly one-sixth.
* According to HDR 2013, India has slipped down in HDI with its overall global ranking at 136 (out of the 186 countries) as against 134 (out of 187 countries) as per HDR 2012. It is still in the medium human development category.Union Budget 2014-15
Union Finance Minister, Arun Jaitley on 10 July 2014 presented Union Budget 2014-15.
Highlights of the Union Budget 2014-15:-
* The tax bracket has been increased to 2.5 lakh rupees from previous 2 lakh rupees, whereas, for senior citizen it has been raised to 3 lakh rupees from previous 2.5 lakh rupees
* Tax relief for interest on housing loan rose from 1.5 lakh rupees to 2 lakh rupees
* Deduction under 80C increased from 1 lakh rupees to 1.5 lakh rupees
* 1000 crore rupees proposed for Pradhanmantri Krishi Seechai Yojana to improve irrigation facility
* 14389 crore rupees announced for Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojna, PMGSY
* 100 crore rupees allotted for Beti bachao-beti padhao yojna
* Minimum pension of 1000 rupees to meet the expenditure to all subscribers of EPFO scheme
* 50000 crore rupees for SC/ST schemes
* FDI cap in Defence sector has been raised to 49 percent
* The finance minister in the budget announced steps for sustained growth of 7-8 percent within the next three-four years
* PSU 247944 crore capex to create industrial cycle
* Shyama Prassad Mukherjee Rozgar mission to be launched
* Excise duty on footwear reduced from 12 percent to 6 percent
* Excise duty concessions to continue till 31 December 2014
* No change in surcharge
* No change in Direct Tax rates
* War Memorial will be set up at Princess Park, New Delhi
* Composite cap on FDI in insurance proposed to be raised to 49 percent from 26 percent
* 15 Model Rural Health Research centers for rural health issues.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGYNASA Launched Orbiting Carbon Observatory-2 Satellite
U.S. space agency NASA on 2 July launched Orbiting Carbon Observatory-2 (OCO-2),a satellite designed to track carbon dioxide (CO2) which is responsible for global warming. The satellite was launched aboard Delta 2 rocket from Vandenberg Air Force Base in California.OCO-2 is the first of its kind mission of NASA dedicated to study the atmospheric carbon dioxide over several seasons.India’s First Indigenous Anti-Submarine Warship INS Kamrota Handed Over To Indian Navy
India’s first indigenous anti-submarine warship (ASW) Indian Naval Ship (INS) Kamorta was handed over to Indian Navy on 12 July. INS Kamrota is the first in its class of four ASW corvettes being built by GRSE under Project-28 for the Navy.India’s Indigenously Built Research Ship ‘ Sindhu Sadhna ‘ Launched
India’s first ever indigenously built research ship ‘Sindhu Sadhna’ was launched and dedicated to the nation on 13 July. Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office Jitendra Singh dedicated ‘Sindhu Sadhana’ to the nation at Marmugao Harbour of Goa.World’s Largest Aquatic Insect Discovered In China
In the month of July 2014 the world’s largest flying aquatic insect has been discovered in China.This was found in the the mountains of Chengdu in China’s Sichuan province.It boasts a wingspan of 8.3 inches.That breaks the previous record held by a species of South American helicopter damselfly, with a wingspan of 7.5 inches.
PERSONS IN NEWSA) APPOINTMENTSSujit Choudhry Became The First Indian-American Dean of Top US Law School
Sujit Choudhry, an international constitutional law expert, has become the first Indian- American Dean of the Berkeley School of Law of the University of California , one of the major law schools in the US.Om Prakash Kohli Sworn In As Gujarat Governor
Om Prakash Kohli took oath of office as Governor of Gujarat on 16 July.His oath of the office and secrecy was administered by Chief Justice of Gujarat High Court Bhaskar Bhattacharya.Padmanabha Balakrishna Acharya Sworn In As Nagaland Governor
Padmanabha Balakrishna Acharya was sworn in as the 19th governor of Nagaland on 19 July. Acharya has been given the additional charge of Tripura also.Ram Naik Sworn-In As UP Governor
Senior BJP leader and former Union Minister Ram Naik was sworn-in as the 27th Governor of Uttar Pradesh on 22 July. Ram Naik was sworn in at the Raj Bhavan by Allahabad High Court Chief Justice D.Y. Chandrachud.B)RESIGNSGoa Governor B V Wanchoo Resigned
Goa Governor BV Wanchoo resigned from his post on 4 July. He was questioned by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) as a witness in connection with alleged irregularities in the purchase of 12 helicopters meant for VVIP use from AgustaWestland, an Anglo-Indian defence manufacturer.C)DEATHSVeteran Actress Zohra Sehgal Died
Veteran actor Zohra Sehgal, who acted in Bollywood classics and Doctor Who adventures, died on 10 July in New Delhi.She was called as the ‘ grand old lady ‘ of Bollywood. In 2010, Zohra was awarded with the Padma Vibhshan. She was also a recipient of other two of India’s four civilian awards Padma Shri (1998), Padma Bhushan (2002).D)VISITORSIndian Prime Minister Narendra Modi Visited Brazil
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi Visited Brazil to attend the 6th BRICS Summit in Fortaleza, Brazil from 15 – 16 July 2014. During the visit , Prime Minister Narendra modi met with other leaders of BRICS nation. In the visit, India and Brazil decided to expand trade and investment flows while deepening collaboration in the fields of renewable energy, defence and cyber security as they signed three pacts including one on cooperation in the environment sector.E)MISCELLANEOUSMahatma Gandhi’s Bust Unveiled In South Korean City
The first ever bust of Mahatma Gandhi, the apostle of non-violence, has been inaugurated in the South Korean metropolis of Busan on 21 July.
PLACES IN NEWSPakistan Declares Dilip Kumar’s Ancestral Home as National Heritage
Pakistan on 11 July declares the ancestral home of veteran Bollywood actor Dilip Kumar as National Heritage. The house, located in Peshawar’s Qisa Khawani Bazaar area, will be converted into a museum.
ABBREVIATIONSBRICS – Brazil, Russia, India, China And South AfricaNASA – National Aeronautics and Space AdministrationAIIMS – All India Institute of Medical SciencesCRAC – Cyber Regulation Advisory CouncilFIPB – Foreign Investment Promotion BoardNABARD – National Bank for Agricultural and Rural Development
BOOKS IN NEWSCoffee-Table Book On President Titled ‘ First Citizen : Pranab Mukherjee In Rashtrapati Bhavan ‘ Released
A coffee-table book titled ” First Citizen: Pranab Mukherjee in Rashtrapati Bhavan ” was released on 2 July at a function in Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi. The book’s first copy was received by Pranab Mukherjee, the President of India. The book has been published by The Week Magazine.
COMMITTEESRangarajan Committee Submits Report On Poverty To Planning Commission
C Rangarajan, former chief of the Prime Minister’s Economic Advisory Council (PMEAC), has submitted a report on Tendulkar Committee methodology for estimating poverty to Planning Minister Rao Inderjit Singh on 1 July. According to an expert panel headed by C Rangarajan those spending over Rs 32 a day in rural areas and Rs 47 in towns and cities should not be considered poor. The panel’s recommendation, however results in an increase in the below poverty line population, which is estimated at 363 million in 2011-12, compared to the 270 million estimate based on the Tendulkar formula. This means 29.5% of the India population lives below the poverty line as defined by the panel against 21.9% according to Tendulkar.
IMPORTANT DAYS AND DATESWorld Population Day Observed Across The World
World Population Day was observed across the world on 11 July 2014. The theme of World Population Day 2014 was Investing in Young People.World Population Day is observed to bring awareness to people about importance of small families and living healthy lives. The day is celebrated with several programs that are initiated to educate people about family planning methods.International Tiger Day Observed Across The World
The World on 29 July 2014 observed the International Tiger Day. The day is celebrated as an awareness day. The goal of the Tiger Day is to promote protection and expansion of the wild tiger habitats and also to gain support awareness for tiger conservation.
Download pdf from:
Note–Like our Facebook and Google+ page and share this article for your friends to say thanks
CURRENT AFFAIRS ← Previous Posts Next Posts →
I’m Deepak Tomar. I have completed my M.Tech in Computer Science and now i am working as a Govt. Employee in UP Police, I Love to help others and making friends, you can connect to me on facebook for any help- I will be happy to help you .